Fengcheng Ruixing Carbon Products Co., Ltd
Use and performance of Graphite electrodes
Used in steelmaking electric arc furnace, refining furnace, as conductive electrode; Used for industrial silicon furnace, phosphorus furnace and corundum furnace, as conductive electrode.
High resistance to thermal shock and high mechanical strength
Precautions for use of graphite electrodes
1. According to the capacity of the electric furnace and the load of transformer, the grade and diameter of the electrode are suitable
2. When loading the electric furnace, the bulk charge shall be placed in the bottom of the furnace so as not to break the electrode. In the process of smelting, the lime should not be conductive. Large masses of objects are concentrated directly below the electrode, otherwise it will affect the electrode and even cause the electrode to break.
3. Attention should be paid to the position of the furnace cover. If the furnace cover is offset, the cover of the furnace will be blown on the lifting electrode, causing the electrode to be damaged.
4. When connecting the electrode, if the defect of joint bolt is found, the connection should be made after replacement
5. After the electrodes are connected, if there is a gap in the connection surface, it is important to find out the reason
6. The electrode should be used vertically.
7. The electrode holder shall be sandwiched between the upper and lower levels of the top electrode, and shall not be sandwiched between the warning line and the middle electrode. Otherwise, the electrode column is easily broken
8. The raw materials and production techniques of different manufacturers may vary. The physical and chemical properties of the electrode are also different, and it is recommended that the joints and electrodes produced by different manufacturers should not be used in a different way.